The nature of holistic medicineSome questions a chiropractor might ask include:
- What type of pain is presenting – shooting, burning, aching, throbbing, etc?
- Have you had any recent surgeries?
- Is there a history of chronic pain?
- What medications are being taken?
The more information, the better the treatment planWhen an individual has neck pain, a doctor is not going to prescribe immediate surgery, unless it is an emergency. Rather, they will perform a full examination, ask questions, try to find the cause, and analyze the intensity of the pain. A chiropractor is no different, and individual medical history is vital. Obtaining as much information as possible can help a chiropractor reach a proper diagnosis and ensures the right course of action is taken. Individuals often do not realize but for example,
- An automobile accident that happened last year could be manifesting symptoms now.
- Shoulder surgery five years ago could be limiting the range of motion, affecting the musculature around the cervical spine.
- Chronic plantar fasciitis and self-medicating for a while can cause instability in the lumbar spine affecting the cervical spine.