Protective Services: The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) works with communities to protect children, the elderly, and people with disabilities from abuse, neglect, and exploitation. It also works to protect the health and safety of children in daycare, as well as foster care and other types of 24-hour care. We do this through investigations, services and referrals, regulation, and prevention programs.
DFPS has five major programs that do this important work:
- Protects the elderly and people with disabilities from abuse, neglect, and exploitation through investigations and services.
- Protects children from abuse and neglect through investigations, services, foster care, and adoption.
- Regulates daycare, foster care, adoption agencies, residential treatment centers, before- and after-school programs, and maternity homes.
- Takes reports of abuse, neglect, and exploitation from across the state through its Texas Abuse Hotline (1-800-252-5400) and through the website
- 24-hours a day, every day of the year.
- Manages community-based programs that prevent juvenile delinquency and child abuse and neglect.
Please call the Texas Abuse Hotline if you suspect that a child or adult who is elderly or has disabilities is being abused, neglected, or exploited. For Answers to any questions you may have please call Doctor Alex Jimenez at 915-850-0900
Choosing Dr. Alex jimenez D.C. Injury Medical & Chiropractic Clinic