Fasting & Wellness
Fasting is the abstinence or reduction from some or all meals, drink, or both, for a period of time. It helps to detox the body from impurities.
- Promotes Blood Sugar Control
- Fights Inflammation
- Enhances Heart Health
- Cholesterol Levels
- Prevents Neurodegenerative Disorders
- Increases Growth Hormone Secretion
- Weight Loss
- Muscle Strength
- Absolute or quick fasting is generally defined as abstinence from all food and liquid for a specified interval.
- Tea and black coffee can be consumed
Water fasting means abstinence from all food and drink except water.
- Fasts can be intermittent or may be partially restrictive, limiting substances or particular foods.
- In a physiological context, fasting can refer to the status of a person that has not eaten or to a Metabolic state.
- Metabolic changes occur during fasting.
Diagnostic tests are available to determine a fasting state.
Ex: a person is believed to be fasting after 8-12 hours have elapsed since their last meal.
Metabolic changes from the fasting state start after absorption of a meal usually 3-5 hours after eating.
- A diagnostic fast means prolonged fasting from 8-72 hours (depending on age) conducted under observation to facilitate investigation of health complications, such as hypoglycemia.
- People may also fast as part of a medical procedure or test, such as colonoscopy or operation.
- Finally, fasting can be a part of a ritual.
- 1 El Paso, TX Chiropractic Care Hip Labral Tear Treatment 06:43
- 2 Slip And Fall Injury Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 01:55
- 3 Volleyball Injury Sports Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 06:53
- 4 Migraine Pain Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 06:34
- 5 Low Back Pain Chiropractic Care | El Paso, Tx 04:01
- 6 El Paso, TX Massage Therapy Chiropractic Care 08:39
- 7 Neck Pain Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 02:15
- 8 Cerebral Palsy & Chiropractic Care in El Paso, TX 01:45
- 9 El Paso, TX Piriformis Syndrome Treatment Chiropractor 02:58
- 10 Sciatica Pain El Paso, TX Chiroprator 03:02
- 11 ELP Familia Dominguez | Patients/Clients 02:05
- 12 El Paso, TX Chiropractic Neck Pain Treatment 05:08
- 13 Sciatica Nerve Pain Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 01:39
- 14 Carpal Tunnel Pain Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 02:10
- 15 El Paso, TX Sciatica Pain Chiropractic Therapy 04:08
- 16 Sciatic Nerve Pain Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 04:57
- 17 Chronic Pain Chiropractor | El Paso, Tx (2019) 02:07
- 18 Most Effective Chiropractor | El Paso, Tx (2019) 03:16
- 19 Spine Treatment Chiropractor | El Paso, Tx (2019) 01:58
- 20 *Severe Sciatica* Back Pain Relief | El Paso, Tx (2019) 03:05
- 21 Best Solution for *Sciatic Nerve Pain* | El Paso, TX (2019) 02:30
- 22 *Car Accident Injury* Chiropractic Solution | El Paso, TX (2019) 02:25
- 23 *CAR ACCIDENTS* Chiropractor | El Paso, Tx (2019) 02:35
- 24 *Car Accident Injuries* Treatment | El Paso, TX (2019) 02:18
- 25 The *SCIATICA* Specialist | El Paso, Tx (2019) 02:47