Everyday Exercises/Chiropractic to Strengthen Your Spine El Paso, TX.
Everyday exercises that increase the strength of the abdomen/core along with the back muscles will optimize your body to resist spinal injuries.
Your spine goes through a lot each day. It provides structural support and houses the central nervous system that carries impulses from the brain throughout the body. When it doesn’t work as it is supposed to, the entire body can be affected. Chiropractic has long been praised as a way to keep the back healthy.
The spine is the primary support for the body. When it breaks down, the body suffers. Regular chiropractic care keeps the spine properly aligned, which keeps the body in proper alignment.
Chiropractic helps with joint health as well as the health of the related muscles and ligaments. Your chiropractor can also recommend stretching and strength-building exercises to help keep your spine strong and in optimal form.
Try the following everyday exercises as the day progresses.
- Rotate the shoulders, forward and back.
- Turn the head slowly from side to side.
- Imagine an airplane taking off, just over your right shoulder. Feel the neck stretch, and follow the plane as it goes up, around and down, until it disappears behind the other shoulder. Reverse and do the same from the left side.
- When there is a break or pause in your day waiting at the elevator or for a traffic light to change pull in the abdominal muscles, tighten and hold for 8 seconds without breathing. Relax and increase the count gradually when you feel ready. After a week or so, practice breathing the way you normally do with your abdomen flat and contracted. Try this when you sit, stand, and walk.
- Before rising out of bed in the morning, push your head against the pillow and hold for 6 seconds. This strengthens the neck muscles and helps you wake up.
Chiropractic helps keep the spine flexible and loose to prevent injury/s. A strong flexible spine reduces the chances of a misaligned back and could experience pain. Your quality of life will greatly improve being more flexible and mobile.
Continued Everyday Exercises
- As you get ready for your day, brushing teeth or shaving, pull in the abdominal muscles and hold them as hard as you can.
- Make a habit of starting your day holding stomach muscles in.
- In the car, waiting in traffic make the most of it, grab the steering wheel on either side of the wheel at three o’clock and nine o’clock. Try to pull the wheel apart and hold it for a few seconds. Then do the same but push inward. You can also push with your palms against the roof. Also push against your knees using the muscles in your forearms, chest, and abdomen.
- Waiting for an elevator, push your toe against the bottom of a wall and hold. You should feel it in your rear, abdomen and low back.
- You can strengthen your grip and arms by squeezing a solid object like an office landline phone receiver and then let go and repeat.
- While talking on the phone, stand over your desk waste-basket with legs straight, squeeze in using the muscles in your legs and hips.
- You can also choose to do some exercises that can be done anywhere and in public.
Chiropractic Improves Posture
Proper posture is beneficial for the entire body. Proper alignment keeps the muscles working correctly and in strong fashion. This prevents over wear and tear on the joints surface and keeps the muscles working effectively and efficiently. Good posture prevents injury and helps with organ function.
Chiropractic optimizes overall health by keeping the body balanced and in tip-top form. Many think that its only purpose is to treat back pain, but it actually focuses on total body wellness.
Reduce Excessive Foot Pronation with Custom Foot Orthotics
Having healthy body composition means there needs to be more lean body mass i.e. muscle mass and less body fat. Strength training/CrossFit helps by raising the metabolic rate while lowering body fat. The increased muscle strength helps maintain correct posture and body mechanics in whatever you do.
Physical activity reduces the chance of injury while increasing physical performance like being able to climb stairs or carry groceries with added confidence.
The information herein on "Everyday Exercises/Chiropractic to Strengthen Your Spine El Paso, TX." is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional, or licensed physician, and is not medical advice. We encourage you to make your own healthcare decisions based on your research and partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.
Our information scope is limited to Chiropractic, musculoskeletal, physical medicines, wellness, contributing etiological viscerosomatic disturbances within clinical presentations, associated somatovisceral reflex clinical dynamics, subluxation complexes, sensitive health issues, and/or functional medicine articles, topics, and discussions.
We provide and present clinical collaboration with specialists from a wide array of disciplines. Each specialist is governed by their professional scope of practice and their jurisdiction of licensure. We use functional health & wellness protocols to treat and support care for the injuries or disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
Our videos, posts, topics, subjects, and insights cover clinical matters, issues, and topics that relate to and support, directly or indirectly, our clinical scope of practice.*
Our office has made a reasonable attempt to provide supportive citations and has identified the relevant research study or studies supporting our posts. We provide copies of supporting research studies available to regulatory boards and the public upon request.
We understand that we cover matters that require an additional explanation of how it may assist in a particular care plan or treatment protocol; therefore, to further discuss the subject matter above, please feel free to ask Dr. Alex Jimenez DC or contact us at 915-850-0900.
We are here to help you and your family.
Dr. Alex Jimenez DC, MSACP, CIFM*, IFMCP*, ATN*, CCST
My Digital Business Card