The short-handed Miners kept it close, but could not hang on to Conference USA foe UTSA, falling 4-0 Sunday at the El Paso Tennis and Swim Club.
The Miners, who played with only four players due to injury, are now 0-1 in conference, 4-12 overall on the season while the Roadrunners improved to 1-1 in conference, 11-8 overall.
Doubles play began with the Roadrunners already having an early lead to the point due to a UTEP forfeit on court three because of the short lineup. Lois Wagenvoort and Milou Pietersz faced UTSA’s Miriam Rosell and Kylee Kato at the No. 1 doubles spot, with the Roadrunners prevailing 6-3 for the doubles point.
On court two, Raven Bennett and Daphne Visscher were leading the Roadrunners’ Sonia Medina Madronal and Denisa Ibrahimovic 5-3 before their match was called and left unfinished.
In singles action, Pietersz faced the Intercollegiate Tennis Association’s No. 99 ranked singles player in Rosell and dropped the first set 6-1. Pietersz battled back in set two, but Rosell ended the set and match with a 6-4 victory. On court three, Wagenvoort was leading UTSA’s Charleen Tiwari 6-2, 4-3 before the match was called and Maria Paula Medina, who returned after being cleared from a concussion, took the first set from Linda Hallgren 6-3 and was playing in a 2-all set two on court four before the match was called.
The Miners will return to action Friday, April 14, when they face Interstate 10 rival NM State at the El Paso Tennis and Swim Club. First serve is set for 11 a.m.
Final results: UTSA 4, UTEP 0
1. Miriam RosellCanudas (UTSA) def. Milou Pietersz (UTEP) 6-1, 6-4
2. Daphne Visscher (UTEP) vs. Denisa Ibrahimovic (UTSA) 4-6, 3-3, unfinished
3. Lois Wagenvoort (UTEP) vs. Charleen Tiwari (UTSA) 6-2, 4-3, unfinished
4. Maria Paula Medina (UTEP) vs. Linda Hallgren (UTSA) 6-3, 2-2, unfinished
5. Laura Cabrera (UTSA) def. No player (UTEP), by forfeit
6. Kylee Kato (UTSA) def. No player (UTEP), by forfeit
1. Miriam RosellCanudas/Kylee Kato (UTSA) def. Lois Wagenvoort/Milou Pietersz (UTEP) 6-3
2. Raven Bennett/Daphne Visscher (UTEP) vs. Sonia Medina/Denisa Ibrahimovic (UTSA) 5-3, unfinished
3. Linda Hallgren/Charleen Tiwari (UTSA) def. No player/No player (UTEP), by forfeit
Chiropractic spinal mobilization techniques involve the slow and steady movements of the spine's joints reestablishing… Read More
Underlying causes for an abdominal aortic aneurysm can be challenging to diagnose and identify. Combined… Read More
Finding the right sciatica chiropractic specialist to diagnose the cause especially, when it is an… Read More